Starting Nanowrimo - Oh what have I gotten myself into?

Tuesday, November 3, 2015


I've always been standing in the background of the whole big Nanowrimo writing month event. Every November I'm like, "I should do that. I need to do that.". Yet every time October ends I make excuse after excuse to not join in the writing 'fun'. But this year I'm doing it. Yay! 

If you don't already know what Nanowrimo is, I'll tell you the basic outline. Write a novel in one month. An entire novel. Sounds crazy, but many writers join this website and writer's pack to write 50,000 words in a month. It pushes us procrastinating writers to do what we love, write.

I'll be honest, I don't think I'll be able to get to 50,000 words by December 1st (that's batshit crazy!) but I'm going to do my best. Even if I don't reach the crazy goal of 50,000 words, I'll at least get a good chunk of my book started! 

I've wanted to be a writer since I wrote my first story in third grade. And I've started several stories throughout the years. I actually finished a story, but I was thirteen and it's all over the place. I have no idea where it is, I wrote it in several notebooks. This story is actually the same story that's been trapped in my head for almost ten years. And this story is the one I've been trying to write and going to write this month!

I'm so excited to start writing this month, but I'm also a bit terrified. If I didn't have a job and could just write all day long, I could easily reach that 50,000 words goal. But there aren't enough hours in the day, so I'm going to have eat sleep and breath writing. I want to be a writer, so I better start now. 



Let me know if you're also doing this fun but not so fun writing month! Check out my writing profile on Nanowrimo and we can become friends and suffer together. I love talking to other writers, it inspires me so much! I will also be updating on my progress, to hopefully push me even more.



Go team go!

:) 

No comments:

Post a Comment