Cliche or not, here are my New Year Resolutions!

Sunday, January 3, 2016

 I know how extremely cliche it is to have New Year Resolutions. It seems so...corny and pointless. Many people make these goals and then never stick to them. And I, am defiantly one of those people.


However I enjoy writing resolutions anyway. They gave me a somewhat 'fresh start' to the new year.
And let's be honest, everyone loves a reason to have a fresh start.

I honestly don't really remember what my resolutions were last year, but I know I didn't complete all of them, if any. I also make way too big of goals then feel depressed when I don't reach them immediately. It's my fatal flaw of being ambitious and impatient.

This year there is no pressure. I only made seven resolutions this year to hopefully give me a better chance on completing them. I am so excited because all of them I want to do and I am already in the process of doing. So, here are my seven New Year Resolutions.

#1 Publish my book!
This is a huge goal for me, it's actually one of my many life goals. But it has finally become in reach! In 2015 I finished writing my novel. With the help of Nanowrimo I wrote my book in two months. I did succeed in reaching the 50,000 goal in the month of November, it just took a bit to finish afterwards (but I did it!). This year is all about editing, finding and agent, and getting that book on the shelves! Yes yes yes!

#2 Become a vegan. For real this time.
I've been struggling to actually stick to a vegan diet. But from time and time again, it is the best option for my health. Having Ulcerative Colitis is defiantly tricky, and from experience I now can say for certain that my body responds better to a veggie diet. Plus, I have always wanted to become vegan for ethical reasons, so there's that too!

#3 Write a short film screenplay.
I have loved writing my novel, and I am for sure going to continue to write books until I'm wrinkly and withering away. But I've also always loved screenwriting and never do it enough. This year I want to write a short film and maybe start planning to film it? How cool would that be?

#4 Rock climbing!
I've been rock climbing once many many years ago. And I loved it. It's challenging and very rewarding. Which is my type of sport. I've always wanted to be more physically fit (my arms are like noodles) and challenge myself physically. Exercising is so boring when you aren't doing something fun in my opinion. I found a rock climbing gym not to far from where I live so I plan to go there very very soon!

#5 Transform this blog into a Self-Improvement Website.
I've been experimenting for years of what kind of blog I want to write. I tried writing tv show reviews, and although they were fun, it was extremely time consuming. As much as I love television, I just couldn't write about it anymore. I like to sit back and enjoy my show, not take notes the entire time. Maybe I'll do a couple more in the future, but this website is no longer steering into a review site. But I have finally found something I've always been passionate about! Self Improvement.
I want to help others love themselves and hopefully guide people to happiness. It's something I've always wanted to do and I think it's what the world needs. Who knows if I'll be good at it, but this is going to be my next project.

#6  Act in something. Anything!
I haven't acted in anything in years. Which is so sad and honestly makes me want to cry a little bit! Acting is a strong passion of mine next to writing. But I never even try anymore! It's difficult finding things to act in but I need to try more. This year I will act in something. I must!

#7 Take more photos.
I bought a really nice camera two years ago and I never use it. I really need to get back into photography. One of my mini goals to help this goal is to post a photo a day on my Instagram. I just need to stop being so lazy. I want to take more photos with my phone and my actual camera. I just need to go out into the word and start snapping!

This year is going to be a good one. I can feel it! This is going to be my year. I'm going to make sure of it!




No comments:

Post a Comment